Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Warm Weather at last! (or at least not below freezing anymore)

Happy Humpday to everybody!!!  we are in the high 50's temp wise in oklahoma,  after last week I will take it!!  

We went out to dinner on monday for Bryan's bday w/the kids and his parents,  his actual bday was the 4th but due to the really cold temps we opted to wait a week.  anyways,  we went to The Hamburger King in Shawnee,  its on Main street west of Harrison.  its been there since like 1927 and prob hasnt been redecorated since the 50's,  its a really neat place and the burgers are awesome!!!  they have the booths with the phones that you pick up and give your order on.  Of course we had to go to the grocery store afterwards and surprisingly nothing weird happened,  didnt see any crazy people this time,  of course the day that my last blog was about I realized later that it was  full moon that week,  so that explains alot of it!!!

I'm trying really hard to get organized lately,  although my kids do everything in the world to prevent that!  and the washing machine broke,  so we are doing laundry at my mother in laws which is great that she is nearby,  but its a pain to have to wait for your laundry to be done,  i'm used to throwing it in and then doing other things around the house.   so our options are to either buy a cheap one now,  or wait a couple of weeks til we have saved more money and buy a better one,  we decided to wait and save up. 

have any of you ever gotten locked inside your own bathroom at home?  of course I have!!!  *L*  luckily my kids were here and my oldest son passed me my cell phone under the door,  my husband was just a few miles away so I wasnt in there for long.  I passed the time by updating my FB status and changed the lightbulb,  refolded the towels.  An OCD person can ALWAYS find a way to pass time!  *LOL*

every now and then I find a recipe that I am able to actually make taste pretty good when I try it , last night was one of those.  I made a roasted chicken w/orange juice sauce and rosemary potatos.  YUM!!!  there wasnt anything left of that poor chicken after my kids and husband were thru with it.  I will post the recipe on here since a few of my FB friends have requested it. 

this is kind of a boring blog today,  I can't think of anything funny my kids did or said,  and (knocking on wood)  I havent fallen down today or gotten locked in a room by accident.   although when it was snowy and icky outside I did fall 3x in one day.  I usually fall on the way to the car so my kids are in a good mood when we have to do a road trip.  and as much as I would like to take credit for it,  it isnt on purpose.   and I fall down alot!!!  and about half the time its in public!  once me and my friends Jenn and Abby went to Chelino's in Bricktown and our table was elevated up one step,  when we got up I forgot about that step and just stepped onto the floor,  since i'm a short person that didnt go very well and I fell on my face in front of about 50 people.  I don't even get embarrassed anymore because it happens so often.  *L*  it has taught me to look for wet spots in wal mart,  in parking lots,  for rugs placed in stupid places in furniture stores.  and hidden steps!!! 

ok,  guess I better do some housecleaning (picking up the kids stuff) look below if you want last nights recipe!  hope everybody is having a great week so far!

Love you all!
A.

Roasted Rosemary Chicken and vegetables
 1- 3 lb roasting chicken
 1 tbsp butter
 4 medium baby red potatos cut into quarters
 2 cups fresh carrots
 2 stalks celery chopped
1 1/2 tbsp rosemary
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup orange juice

Brush chicken with butter,  Place chicken and vegetables in roasting pan. season with rosemary.  Stir broth and orange juice into a bowl and pour half onto chicken and vegatables.

Roast at 375 for 45 min in oven.  stir veggies and add remaining juice/broth mixture and roast for 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.

serves 4,  I used about 10 potatos and 3 cups carrots.  it was enough for my family of 5. 

No comments: