Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 27, 2011

This and That

once again I am taking to my blog,  it seems to be the only place where I can say EXACTLY what I want to say and if the reader doesnt like it then they won't hurt my feelings if they leave the page,  no facebook drama caused by comments left by disgruntled readers.  before you read any further if harsh language or truths offend you then leave now.

so to catch up on whats been going on my crazy life,  about a month ago Bryan, myself, Bobby, Caden and Bobbys best friend Wesley were on our way to take Wes home from spending the night at our house and we were at a stop sign waiting our turn to get on hwy 99 and a semi carrying a mobile home came speeding by,  as it passes I see coming down the hill a HUGE tire and wheel coming right at us!! (ok,  it wasnt as huge as I originally thought but at that moment it sure was!!)  Bryan saw it too and tried to back up quickly so we didnt get hit by it,  but he wasnt able to get clear and it slammed into the drivers side front door.  I was turned in the seat about to tell the boys in the backseat to cover their heads because I knew glass was going to be flying.  I wasnt able to get the first word out before the impact jerked me back and the front seat was showered with shards of glass, powdered glass, and a few large bits of glass.

when the dust settled so to speak, our main concern was making sure the boys were ok,  Caden was crying because he was scared,  Bobby and Wes were in a daze and had no idea what had hit us,  they didnt see the tire coming,  they thought the mobile home had hit us.   we got out of the car to check the damage,  the entire drivers door was destroyed,  the window gone and the windshield cracked.  the tire was still on the wheel and part of an axle was nearby,  the tire was actually smoking from what I guess was the friction of the axle breaking off.  the pilot cars with the semi stopped and came back and checked on us,  they waited for the police to arrive. 

after just a few minutes the Prague fire department arrived,  along with the OHP, Sac and Fox police, Prague police and Lincoln county sheriff and an ambulance.  we were just inside the Lincoln county side so it was unclear at first whose jurisdiction we were in,  turns out OHP had it.   the OHP trooper took a report (or so we thought at the time)  after a trip back home to change cars and take quick showers to rinse the glass off,  which actually cut us up a bit due to being rubbed off the skin,  we took Wes home,  afterwards we decided we did not feel like making dinner so we went to our towns only mexican restaraunt for dinner, Juanas if you are interested,  best authentic mexican food around!   while there I got really dizzy and sick to my stomach,  then my head, neck and back started hurting really bad.  we decided we needed to go to the ER and get checked out.  so Bryan and I went to Shawnee and the ER where all they did was shine a light in our eyes and feel around on our necks a little,  decided we pulled a muscle in our back, gave us a prescription for muscle relaxers and sent us on our way.

the next day I called our family dr who told us to go to a chiropractor he referred us to,  and when we called them they told us to come in right away.  so we did.  not going to go into all the details since a legal case is pending,  but the xrays showed some obvious damage on all of us. 

so for the last month we have been going to the chiro 2x a week,  my back is killing me most of the time and Bryan missed 2 wks of work because of it.  but after claiming they could not find the driver of the truck at first they finally admitted guilt and it will all work out eventually i'm sure.

so thats all about that. 

school has started back and so has Caden's football practice,  so we are pretty busy with practice and games,  when I am able to go that is,  this back pain has me sidelined. pardon the pun

I actually meant to write about something else,  but the whole wreck thing took all my attention.  so I guess you will have to wait for the harsh language and truths.  LOL

til next time.

No comments: